Dogen Sangha Blog

  by Gudo NISHIJIMA

Japanese / German

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Students & Teachers.

Dear Nishijima Roshi,


Dear Harry San,

Thank you very much for your sincere questions, and I would like to write my answer just under your each question.


What is your view of venerating a living guru, such as in Tibetan guru yoga practice, where the lama/guru is visualised by his followers as a perfected being/Buddha?

(Gudo's answer 1.) Unfortunately I do not know about Tibetan Buddhism almost at all, and so I would like to ask you to have your questions to other Masters other than I.

What do you feel consitutes a healthy respect for one's teacher, and how should a teacher respect his student?

(Gudo's answer 2.) I think that all Buddhist students should show their respects to their Masters, and all Buddhist Masters should revere their students too.

Also, if I may, is there a point where an organised Sangha becomes counterprodutive to the teaching and study of Zen?

(Gudo's answer 3.) I think that if there were any Buddhist organization, which does not know the True Buddhism, it might be inevitable for them to become counterproductive to the teaching and study of the Truth.


Many thanks for your blog and other writings.

Wishing you good health,

Harry,
Ireland.


Many thanks for your sincere questions to the Buddhist Truth.

Gudo Wafu Nishijima

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home