Dogen Sangha Blog

  by Gudo NISHIJIMA

Japanese / German

Friday, October 23, 2009

[16] Examinationof the Fusion of restriction and Emancipation (10 verses)

1. What have been accomplished, are wandering through in regulated situations,

And the regular situations, which do not wander, are this world.

Slow walking and not being eternal are the Real situations,

And actually this world is going on totally.


2. When a personal substance is wandering,

The five kinds of aggregates, that is, matter, perception, recognition, action, and
consideration, are relying upon material element as the place of taking a rest.

Those five kinds of necessary material elements can never become the cause of
wandering through.

How shall we stop such kind of wandering through at all?


3. Avoiding action, which we want to do, but at the same time we would do what we want
to do.

There might be favorite job, which can exist everywhere.

At the same time there are many jobs, which we do not like to do.

What is just the job, which we like to do?


4. The balanced state of the autonomic nervous system does not belong perfection.

How is it possible for such a situation to occur actually?

The balanced state of the autonomic nervous system does never belong to Reality
itself.

How is it possible for Reality to manifest itself newly?


5. Not destroying life, but not to be free,

Appearance, passing through, and Universal morals.

The accomplishment as before is Reality.

Not to destroy, but not to make free.


6. Restrictions seem to be just our perceptions.

But the Real perceptions can never be Restriction.

Just never other than perception does restrict,

And what kind of constancy would be destroyed at that time?


7. When slaughter has been done as far as being desired,

Then just before, an arrest would be done at that time.

And such kind of verbal talks does never exist,

As if the same talk as “going,” “have gone,” and “will go,” in the Chapter 2.


8. As far as Gautama Buddha does not permitted,

The states without arrest have never been permitted.

Aha! So, in the case of Gautama Buddha, the abbreviation might be permitted.

And so the bondage might be in liberation.


9. In the case that I will not live in this World,

Suggests that the balance of the autonomic nervous system might be possible to exist
in me in future.

From such situations the present maintenance like that might be Real,

And the appearance of the real facts are the very Great Facts.


10. The balanced state of the autonomic nervous system, is not the place, where we
should enter,

But the place for wandering is not the place, where we should get out from it.

There something, which is not clear, and here the wandering without any stability.

And in the balanced autonomic nervous system, there is something, which is
not decisive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon Carver said...

Hello - I have read your blog for sometime now and have tried on and off, with sometimes limited success, to practice zazen. I wanted to ask your opinion on what are known as 'binaural' stereo recordings of natural sounds which can help you to enter a 'balanced' state of consciousness such as you say is the aim of zazen. I have a recording called 'holosync' available from a company called centerpointe - they have a free CD which you can download and on it is a track called 'The Dive' which is half an hour long. I have listened to this a couple of times and it seems to help me enter a state quite easily, which I often strive unsuccessfully to enter through zazen. I would be grateful if you would give me your opinion on this kind of meditation 'aid'. I am finding holosync very useful currently - maybe you could download it and give me your opinion? Or just an opinion in general on such aids? Many many thanks for reading.
Best Regards - Jon Carver

11:45 PM, November 01, 2009  
Blogger GUDO NISHIJIMA said...

Dear Ven. Jon Carver San,

Thank you very much for your question. However it is impossible for me to find any interest for such a kind of help other than Zazen. Zazen is just the help for me, and so there is no necessity for me to use another method other than Zazen at all.

9:47 AM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger Jon Carver said...

Thankyou very much for your reply sensei. I understand that you personally have no need for such a system. However, I was interested in your opinion of such aids to zazen as, being very busy myself, I have little time to focus on zazen and this aid seems to help me to get into a 'balanced' state much more rapidly than practicing zazen. I was therefore curious as to your opinion as to whether you think such an aid could help me achieve the same benefits as zazen (such as balanced autonomic nervous system). I understand that the aid (which is an audio track which I listen to using headphones) serves to synchronise my brainwaves so that left and right hemispheres are in sync - it seems to work for me, giving me that rare feeling I have when I feel my zazen is going well, but in a fraction of the time. Thankyou for your consideration, sensei.

Best Regards,

Jon

8:01 PM, November 04, 2009  
Blogger GUDO NISHIJIMA said...

Dear Ven. Jon Carver,

I think that everyone is the king or queen of the Universe, and so everyone can have freedom to do everything as he or she likes to do.

10:05 AM, November 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home